This two year program begins when students complete the FC Prepares program and their sophomore year of high school. During their junior year in this program they continue to prepare for a culinary career through individual skills competition, social/emotional learning and engagement with parents and guardians. The goal by end of junior year is for every student to be employed during the summer and maintain paid work during their senior year.
Who it’s for
For high school juniors and seniors who have completed FC Prepares.
What it involves
- Students take part in individual skills-based competitions.
- Participants refine culinary proficiency and understanding of kitchen safety, sanitation, knife cuts, and cooking techniques.
- Personal growth is highlighted in a series of social/emotional learning and well-being workshops held during a student's junior year.
- Participate in resume development, interview coaching and financial literacy training in senior year.
- Participants create a dish for a Popup tasting restaurant as part of the senior capstone project.
- Students develop a plan for work and life after high school in collaboration with our Post-Secondary Specialist and student's guardian.
What is expected
Students in FC Delivers are committed to a two year program that is designed to deepen their culinary and job readiness skills. They enter into FC Sustains if they:
- Attend 80% of classes.
- Act in a leadership role in FC Prepares classes.
- Participate in community events.
- Create a post-secondary plan.